Unanswered: Help With Cascade Box

Headache

I have been trying for 2 weeks now to to get this to work no success.

I have tables for E, Cases, CaseEvents, Customers and Reminder.
    I have created a form frmCustomer as mainform.Then another form frmCases. Also created two sub forms called: sfrmCasesEvents, fsubReminder.

fsubcaseEvent and fsubReminder are to subforms to frmCases

I am trying to allow the employee to select any employeeID in frmCases cmoEmployeeID field. Once the EmployeeID is selected in frmCases both subforms fsubCaseEvents and fsubReminder cascade combo boxes are defaulted updated with the EmployeeID selected in the main form frmCases.

I have built cascading combo boxes before but all have been based upon a one to many relationship.

The following 4 tables show details of table

Employee
    EmpD (PK) - autonumber
    Empname - text

Case
    CaseID (PK) - autonumber
    EmpID - Number

CaseEvents
    EventID autonumber
    CaseID - numver
    EmpID - number

Remember
    RemID - autonumber
    CaseID number
    EmpID - number

I am using Access 2003

Can someone please help before I am having difficulty getting this to work. It is giving me headache. I have done everything possible

Headache

I have been trying for 2 weeks now to to get this to work no success.

I have tables for E, Cases, CaseEvents, Customers and Reminder.
    I have created a form frmCustomer as mainform.Then another form frmCases. Also created two sub forms called: sfrmCasesEvents, fsubReminder.

fsubcaseEvent and fsubReminder are to subforms to frmCases

I am trying to allow the employee to select any employeeID in frmCases cmoEmployeeID field. Once the EmployeeID is selected in frmCases both subforms – fsubCaseEvents and fsubReminder cascade combo boxes are defaulted updated with the EmployeeID selected in the main form frmCases.

I have built cascading combo boxes before but all have been based upon a one to many relationship.

The following 4 tables show details of table

Employee
    EmpD (PK) - autonumber
    Empname - text

Case
    CaseID (PK) - autonumber
    EmpID - Number

CaseEvents
    EventID – autonumber
    CaseID - numver
    EmpID - number

Remember
    RemID - autonumber
    CaseID – number
    EmpID - number

I am using Access 2003

Can someone please help before I am having difficulty getting this to work. It is giving me headache. I have done everything possible

Well, I'm not sure what you have so far, but I would say start with looking at this tutorial on building Cascading Lists; it was written with the intent of listboxes, but the concept is the exact same, you just apply the SQL WHERE criteria to the subform filter instead of the entire SQL to a listbox's control source (at least that's how I'd do it). If you need help on how to change properties with subforms/forms, I keep this site bookmarked as a helpful tool. Let us know how you get along.
    Me.Geek = True