Question Unanswered: Any Idea how to Automate today's Date on a Form?

Dear All,
    I have a form where I enter bookings on a daily basis. At the moment there is a field called DateAndTimeOfEnquiry and as soon as I enter data on the form, the field shows today's date, time, minute and seconds. However, when I run a query based on the date to see how many bookings i entered on the db on a particular date it gives me no result as the field at the moment shows the date and time and seconds etc.

I changed the changed the Format of the field to Short Date but it still cannot find entries entered on a particular date. The Default Value of the field is set to Now().

I would be most grateful for any advice on how fix this issue either using this field or even if i have to enter a new field as long as it gives me the entries on a particular date (not time or minute).
    Emi-UK
    Love begets Love, Help Begets Help

if I understand you correctly, there's just a box that shows the current date and time. It sounds to me like that text box is unbound (not tied to a field in your DB). If you set up a field in that DB to store the entered date, then you can query that information

Hi, Thank you for your response. No, it is a bound box and I do have a field in the table/query called DateAndTimeOfEnquiry.
    Emi-UK

what is the sql syntax behind your query?

Change it to short date and use Date() instead of Now(). When you add time to a date field, querying by just date only can be problematic.
    You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later

Thank you very much all of you! I am very grateful. It did work. I just changed the default value from =Now() to Date() and it is working. Many thanks again.
    Emi-UK

It works now.
    Emi-UK