Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3

    Unanswered: sp_oacreate returns "-2146232576"

    Hi all,

    We have just migrated a server from a SQL 2000 DB to a SQL 2005 DB.

    On the old server we used sp_OACreate to call a .Net DLL that we had added to the GAC and registered with .NET.
    On the new server with the new DB we can add the DLL to the GAC and register it successfully with .NET.
    Unfortunately every time we call the DLL using sp_OACreate it returns "-2146232576" value which is not correct. It should return 0.

    Has any one else come across this and if so please let me know if you have overcome this problem.

    Regards,
    Amit
    Last edited by amit_gbpec; 06-02-09 at 08:14.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In front of the computer
    Posts
    15,579
    Provided Answers: 54
    There was a similar question (with a proposed solution) posted here. It seems like it might be helpful for you to check there first.

    -PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3
    I tried that one also but its not working for me. Do you have any other apporach to fixed this.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In front of the computer
    Posts
    15,579
    Provided Answers: 54
    Other than to try some approach that is supported by Microsoft, I'm out of ideas. Sorry.

    -PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •