Unanswered: filtering using multiple comboboxes...

i have a form with 7 combo boxes that i want to use for filtering...

Me.Form.Filter = "[company]= " & Me.Combo24 & " And [category]= " &_ Me.Combo101 & " And [status]= " & Me.Combo105 & " And [reportedby]= " &_ Me.Combo37 & " And [assignedto]= " & Me.Combo107 & " And [urgency]= '" &_ Me.Combo109 & "' And [priority]= '" & Me.Combo26 & "'"

Me.Form.FilterOn = True

the code works fine, my problem is if one combo box is empty the form does not return any record. how can i handle blank criterias?

any reply will be very much appreciated!

Try:

Code:
    Me.Form.Fliter = "[company] like '" & Me.Combo24 & "*" & "' AND [category] like '" & Me.Combo101 & "*" & "' AND [status] like '" & Me.Combo105 & "*" & "' AND [reportedby] like '" & Me.Combo37 & "*" & "' AND [assignedto] like " & Me.Combo107 & "*" & "' AND [urgency] like '" & Me.Combo109 & "*" & "' AND
    [priority] Like '" & Me.Combo26 & "*" & "'"
    Forgive me if the syntax is not perfect, but the idea is that it does not matter whether or not any of the fields are entered by the user, the search will be performed looking for all records and by completing each of the fields the search criteria is narrowed down.

Simon

Provided Answers: 59
    build your sql for the filter

dim strSQL as string
    strSQL = "1=1" ' a magic number meaning that the sql will always be valid
    if Me.Combo24.selected = true then strsql = strsql & " and [company]= " & Me.Combo24

'not to sure is its .selected property, you may have to test if the dombo has a value....
    then
    me.form.filter = strsql
    me.form.filteron=true
    .. and so on
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton