Need Input: Database options best for web access features

Hello,

I would like to start a simple database server tool with the following functionalities:

- Creation of independent databases;
    - Creation of dependent databases;
    - Update database through survey on website or HTML E-mail
    - Analyze and make correlations based on data (Excel & Access Style);
    - Publish data analysis automatically on a website.

Which database management system do you suggest and can you briefly describe how this could be done or programmed?

I'm a student at the University of Toronto and need input on this for a social project we're doing.

Thnaks a lot in advance and hope to get some feedback from you pros.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by x11zhou
    Hello,

I would like to start a simple database server tool with the following functionalities:

- Creation of independent databases;
    - Creation of dependent databases;
    - Update database through survey on website or HTML E-mail
    - Analyze and make correlations based on data (Excel & Access Style);
    - Publish data analysis automatically on a website.

Which database management system do you suggest and can you briefly describe how this could be done or programmed?

I'm a student at the University of Toronto and need input on this for a social project we're doing.

Thnaks a lot in advance and hope to get some feedback from you pros.

Cheers
    I understand all the words but not in their current order.

What is it your system is suppose to do???

Well,

We have some stations accross the city that have workers dealing with patients. Right now, the workers use paper surveys and then we collect the data to our central office and then enter the databse in MSFT Access, which is not very efficient.

We would like our workers to be able to complete an online survey at their locations so that we don't have to physically collecct the data anymore and automate the data processing and analysis.

We're considering MySQL Server, but we would like some comments and suggestions before we decide on a platform and proceed to hiring a programmer for the job.

Thanks in advance.

Wouldn't it be easier to simply use an on line survey tool?

That way you don't need to code anything - just produce your questions, send out the survey to a bunch of email addresses then analyise the results on line. I did a quick google and came up with loads, here's a few:I'd suggest trying these out first and see if they meet your needs.If they don't then at least you'll be able to compare the best features and see what your bespoke system requires. If one of these tools does meet your needs then you'll save time and money by using it.

Mike

I 100% agree. For God's sake don't hire someone to build you a wheel that has been built a million times before.
    Those are decent entry survey tools. Another good one (thick client) is Le Sphynx. ConfirmIT is a higher level online survey tool (you would require some decent Market Research experience, and possibly some statistics background).

If you have the budget to actually hire someone for this, I would contact an MR firm. They will be able to give you insights you'll never likely be able to get yourself.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.