Unanswered: Informix script form unix to Windows

Hi,
    Ok this is also a newbie question,
    I have been forwarded informix script running on UNIX platform, When i try to run this script on Windows Platform, it shows multiple script error, is there a compatibility issue or it should not be the case because after all it is INFORMIX Script be it Windows or Unix, any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Can you publish the script, preferably between [CODE] tags?

I am sorry i didn't get you
    Let me explain you the big picture
    I am not a DBA but a programmer, now i have got this script which comes from informix running on unix platform
    I was told to make it run on informix on Windows platform
    It does get executed half way and then stops saying error 206 do you wish to continue if i say yes it starts agian and then stops referring to the same error or error 533 and 261 will I be able to run this script
    Thanks

Are you running a SQL script then? If the database engines are compatible in version specific features and edition there should be no problem at all.

According to the 'finderr' utility SQL error -206 means:
    The specified table <table-name> is not in the database.

The database server cannot find a table or view specified in the statement. The table or view might have been renamed or dropped from the database.

You might also get this message if you omit the keyword "TYPE" when you are trying to grant USAGE privileges on a user-defined type. For example, the following GRANT statement is correct:

GRANT USAGE ON TYPE person_row_type TO usr2;

The following GRANT statement, however, generates error -206:

GRANT USAGE ON person_row_type TO usr2;

Check the names of tables and views in the statement or check for omission of the keyword "TYPE" in a GRANT statement. If the names are spelled as you intended and "TYPE" is not missing, check that you are using the database you want. To find the names of all tables in the database, query the systables table. To find the names of all views, query the sysviews table.
    Is this the problem you recognize? Then it looks like the databases differ from each other.

Regards,
    Hans

Thanks for taking the time out to help this newbie
    I would like to know what is the solution for this, if the script comes from an earlier version and i am trying to run it on the latest version should it not be compatible.
    And if it is not what can be done on my side to make it compatible,
    Your answer is eagerly anticipated

Regards
    Arif

Can you put the part of the script where the first error occurs in a message? And please wrap the [CODE] tags around it for readability.

Hans

[create table bopp_rslt_cd ( bopp_rslt_cd SMALLINT not null, bopp_rslt_desc CHAR(50) not null, dt_rqrd_flg CHAR(1) not null, prle_dt_flg CHAR(1) not null, discharge_dt_flg CHAR(1) default 'N' not null, prle_rvlk_flg CHAR(1) default 'N' not null, cncl_hrng_flg CHAR(1) default 'N' not null, prle_cond_flg CHAR(1) default 'N', vld_flg CHAR(1) not null ) in otrkstatic extent size 8 next size 8 lock mode page]

SQL Error (-533): Extent size too small, minimum size is 16k.

6/4/09 3:51 PM Executing statement:
    >revoke all on bopp_rslt_cd from 'public';

SQL Error (-206): The specified table (bopp_rslt_cd) is not in the database.
    ISAM error: no record found.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[create table override_rsn_cd ( override_rsn_cd SMALLINT not null, override_rsn_desc CHAR(50) not null, vld_flg CHAR(1) not null ) in otrkstatic extent size 8 next size 8 lock mode page]

>revoke all on override_rsn_cd from 'public';

SQL Error (-206): The specified table (override_rsn_cd) is not in the database.

Hi,
    Code:
    create table bopp_rslt_cd (
      bopp_rslt_cd SMALLINT not null,
      bopp_rslt_desc CHAR(50) not null,
      dt_rqrd_flg CHAR(1) not null,
      prle_dt_flg CHAR(1) not null,
      discharge_dt_flg CHAR(1) default 'N' not null,
      prle_rvlk_flg CHAR(1) default 'N' not null,
      cncl_hrng_flg CHAR(1) default 'N' not null,
      prle_cond_flg CHAR(1) default 'N',
      vld_flg CHAR(1) not null
      )
      in otrkstatic
      extent size 8
      next size 8
      lock mode page

>revoke all on bopp_rslt_cd from 'public';

SQL Error (-206): The specified table (bopp_rslt_cd) is not in the database.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

create table override_rsn_cd ( override_rsn_cd SMALLINT not null,
      override_rsn_desc CHAR(50) not null,
      vld_flg CHAR(1) not null
      )
      in otrkstatic
      extent size 8
      next size 8
      lock mode page

>revoke all on override_rsn_cd from 'public';

SQL Error (-206): The specified table (override_rsn_cd) is not in the database.
    The red lines contain the error. Your problem is that most UNIX systems have a 2K pagesize while Windows uses a 4K pagesize. Since many calculations are done by the DB engine in pages instead of KB you have to consider this. Apparently the engine needs at least 4 pages defined for the tablespace and on Windows 8 KB (which is the unit in which the extent and next sizes are expressed) is equivalent to 2 pages. That's why this statement runs perfectly well on UNIX but not on Windows.
    You can increase the extent and next sizes to at least 16 or omit these clauses because the values here represent the default number of pages when creating a table.

The subsequent errors result from the revoke statement because the table from which the privileges have to be revoked was never succesfully created.

Regards,
    Hans
    Last edited by Tyveleyn; 06-06-09 at 14:16.

Yes I do understand this explanation to a certain degree
    and would like to know what possible solution would you suggest in this case

Regards
    Minhaj

I gave you the solution:
    You can increase the extent and next sizes to at least 16 or omit these clauses because the values here represent the default number of pages when creating a table.
    This means that you must edit the file and replace the lines
    Code:
      extent size 8
      next size 8
    with
    Code:
      extent size 16
      next size 16
    or delete the lines completely. And you must do that for every clause with 'size 8' in it in the script. I guess it's a dbexport command script?

Regards,
    Hans

I am sorry for the late reply I just wasnt keeping well
    Yes that's what i did
    I am still unable to run the script and if i delete all the extend size xyz and next size xyz i cannot execute the statement
    The file is nearly 21 Mb so i cant even paste it down here for you to have a look at how much change should g oin the process

Can you post the part of the script where the first error occurs? Including the error message.
    And please insert tags in your reply and paste the codefragment between them. You can insert these tags by clicking the thirdmost right button above the edit pane.

Hans
    Last edited by Tyveleyn; 06-10-09 at 17:24.