Unanswered: Increasing Database size

Hi,

I am trying to run a script with SQL Error -312 cannot update system catalog(sysprocedures)
    ISAM error : no free space
    Yes when i have a look at my database space all of it is used i was wondering how to increase this size so as to run the sql Script

Thanks in Advance

Can you publish the output of the onstat -d command here?

C:\Program Files\IBM\IBM Informix Dynamic Server\11.50>onstat -d

IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 11.50.TC3DE -- On-Line -- Up 00:23:50 -- 7
    8208 Kbytes

Dbspaces
    address number flags fchunk nchunks pgsize flags owner name
    0EDDD818 1 0x60001 1 1 4096 N B informix rootdb
    s
    0F565820 2 0x60001 2 1 4096 N B informix webqa
    2 active, 2047 maximum

Chunks
    address chunk/dbs offset size free bpages flags pathnam
    e
    0EDDD980 1 1 0 51200 8 PO-B C:\IFMX
    DATA\webqa\rootdbs_dat.000
    0F565C40 2 2 0 25600 25547 PO-B C:\IFMX
    DATA\webqa\webqa_dat.000
    2 active, 32766 maximum

NOTE: The values in the "size" and "free" columns for DBspace chunks are
    displayed in terms of "pgsize" of the DBspace to which they belong.

Expanded chunk capacity mode: always

I know i got to increase the chunk size and dbspace size but i dont know how to go about it
    Last edited by minhaj_arif; 06-04-09 at 11:30.

Hi,
    as far as I know the root dbspace's size can't be changed unless it's initialized again. And with that you'll loose all the data in it so that's no option.
    I see you also have a datadbs but it's quite small with 100 MB and I presume that your physical and logical logs are not redirected to that datadbs but still reside in the rootdbs. Are they big or numerous? And the user defined tables, do they reside in the rootdbs? That's because the datadbs is nearly empty.

There are two things you can try first. The easiest action is moving the user defined tables to the datadbs by unloading the data to files and write the dbschema's of the tables to files. Then drop the user defined tables and recreate them while adding the clause 'in webqa' to the table definition. Like:
    Code:
    create table "informix".somedata 
      (
        col1 char(30) not null ,
        col2 varchar(127,1) not null
        primary key (col1)  constraint "informix".pk_somedata
      )
      in webqa;
    Load the data from the unload files again and see how much is freeed in de rootdbs. If it's enough for your purposes you're good.

If not you can move the physical and logical logfiles to new dbspaces. See the administrator guide for instructions. For that you need to create one or two cooked files, create phscllog and lgcllog dbspaces with onspaces and add the cooked files as chuncks to them. Use onparams to create new logfiles and delete the ones in the rootdbs.

Good luck,
    Hans

Thanks for the quick reply I was able to resolve this as it was only running the whole script and re-initialized dbspace size and its working good can you please also throw some light on my previous query that will i be able to run the sql script from Unix on windows

Thanks Again