Unanswered: Is there a way to customize buttons and insert transparent images?

Whenever I try to include a .ico/.png/.bmp there are display issues... it shows up distorted, and the transparency doesn't work - well, it works, but the edges are pixelated. I tried copy/pasting from Word, but this doesn't work.

Any solutions to this?

To customize a button image just go to it's picture property, hit the [...] button, and either pick a standard image or browse to an image you've already made. I'd suggest using as simple of an image as possible, but I think the way it works is that Access will make any part of the image that is pure white into transparent (I think).

Can you post a screenshot of your "pixelated" image?
    Me.Geek = True

Quote Originally Posted by nckdryr
    To customize a button image just go to it's picture property, hit the [...] button, and either pick a standard image or browse to an image you've already made. I'd suggest using as simple of an image as possible, but I think the way it works is that Access will make any part of the image that is pure white into transparent (I think).

Can you post a screenshot of your "pixelated" image?

I figured out the button issue: it looks like the button only accepts .bmp or .ico filetypes, and whenever I tried using .bmp, the pink background would be displayed along with it. When I used .ico, though, and set the button bg to transparent, only the .ico image is displayed, and transparency works fine.

There still the problem with the transparency of regular Image controls. I insert a .png, and it appears like the image attached below.

I'm thinking that I'll have to save it first with a set bg color (without transparency) and then place it on the form, but that will sort of limit what colors the bg colors can be for the forms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails calendar.png  

This seems to be an issue with Access 2003, and even databases that have been converted from 2003 to 2007.

A newly created .accdb file displays .png images fine. In order to get the transparency to work with .mdb, it first has to be converted to .gif.