Unanswered: Using Sprocs all the time

Hey everyone. I'm wondering if it would be a bad thing to use sprocs for all of my queries, inserts and updates; just standardize. I'm not really experiencing any performance issues but I'd like to have the pros and cons as to when to use them and when not to.

I'm working for the State right now on an application and one of the other developers was telling me that in order to get an Oracle sql statement converted into a sproc is like pulling teeth and meetings have to be called. It's a big deal for them and I'm wondering what all the fuss is about. Personally, if there are more advantages to using them, then that's the way I want to go. Just thought I'd ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunkie
    ...I'd like to have the pros and cons as to when to use them and when not to.
    pros: stored procs work wonderfully

cons: you have a bureaucracy to deal with

next question?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Thanks Rudy. I figured it was a bureaucracy after about the first week there. Now I know why the state is broke. .....Nobody works! All they do is have meetings about nothing.

BTW: I finished reading Simply SQL and just wanted to thank you for an extremely well written book! I enjoyed it very much and was very helpful. I actually have it in my desk at work and use it for a reference.

thanks frank

you've made an old man very happy

thanks for the kind words

rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL