Unanswered: Combo box/query info

Hi, ive had a look over some past queries, and although some are similar, I dont think any actually answer my problem.

I have a query which returns all records defined in a criteria. here is a snapshot from the query...

Field: owner
    Table: main_table
    Criteria: [enter name]

Thats great....however, I want a similar effect on a form. What i want desirably is on the form a combo box which lets you select the owners name and once selected brings back that person individual records (like it would in the aforementioned query).

At the moment I can get the users names in the combo box, but it still returns all the records in the main table regardless of the selected name. Ive tried linking it to a seperate query to no success.

Any ideas? Thanks!

have a form with a combobox with the names. Then have a subform that pulls from a query with the criteria
    [Forms]![Your Form Name]![Your combobox name].

Then add some code so on the on_change function to requery the subform if the combo box value changes.
    You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later