Thread: Date Question

Unanswered: Date Question

Is if possible to return all records that occur before the current month. Right now i have a query That says

SELECT GageList.GageNumber, GageList.GageDescription, GageList.GageSize, GageList.CalibrationDate
    FROM GageList
    WHERE (((Year([CalibrationDate]))<Year(Now())) AND ((Month([CalibrationDate]))<Month(Now())));

But this doesn't return all of the results.

This does

SELECT GageList.GageNumber, GageList.GageDescription, GageList.GageSize, GageList.CalibrationDate
    FROM GageList
    WHERE (((GageList.CalibrationDate)<Now()));

But only because i dont have any records for this month. I don't want to include this month in the query.
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by dbshaft; 06-08-09 at 16:32.

Date()-Day(Date())
    You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later

I recoded like this

FROM GageList
    WHERE (((GageList.CalibrationDate)=Date()-Day(Date())));

And i don't return any results at all now.

Date()-Day(Date()) returns the last day of the previous month. So instead, you should be using <= otherwise you are asking for records with a date of 5/31/09 only and not everything before June 1.

WHERE (((GageList.CalibrationDate)<=Date()-Day(Date())))
    You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later

That makes sense. That worked beautifully. Thank you.