Unanswered: New to Sybase as a DBA role

Hi All,

I am Praveen. I have worked in Sybase 11.9.2 & Sybase 12.5 as a Developer, but not as a DBA.

Could you please help me with sites having app. material for Sybase DBA tasks?

Thanks,
    Praveen

Hi Praveen,

Welcome to the forum and the dba world.

Have a go thro of http://www.dbforums.com/sybase/65148...se-topics.html

Will you be a dba on a small environment or will you be working on a large environment. If its the latter, theres nothing like picking their brains and learning from them. It helps a lot. If its in a small env and you are the only dba, its not bad as such, but you need to put in a lot of reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Neevarp
    Hi All,

I am Praveen. I have worked in Sybase 11.9.2 & Sybase 12.5 as a Developer, but not as a DBA.

Could you please help me with sites having app. material for Sybase DBA tasks?

Thanks,
    Praveen

Hi Trvishi,

Thanks for the material. Hopefully, I will be owning small env (i.e 3 - 4 Sybase 12.5 ASE Servers) & I will be the only point of contact for any issues.

Also, for Sybase 12.5 ASE Certification, is there any website link that helps me out for certification preparation.

Thanks,
    Praveen

Hi Praveen,

U can try Rocket99 Guide to Database Development and Programming, Sybase and Oracle this link too. This link too may help you.