Unanswered: acrobat reference

Hi all,

I've added a reference to Acrobat.tlb in my VBA module. On this machine it happens to be Acrobat 6.0 Standard. Everything works fine.

I ran it on a newer computer with Acrobat 9.0 Pro and Access 'finds' the Acrobat.tlb file. I was impressed by that...I thought I'd have a broken reference! Again, everything works fine.

So, I distributed the database and a couple of people have problems with it. They get errors with the Date() function of all things.

They are both running Acrobat 8.0 Standard, if that matters. Also, oddly, Access is finding the Acrobat.tlb file, i.e. no broken reference! However, I'm pretty sure that this is the problem because when I uncheck the reference, they are able to continue working. (They can't use the OLE to Acrobat struff, but no other errors occur.) Also, the Acrobat reference was the last one in the list, so it shouldn't have interfered with either the VBA or Access runtime libraries. I'm stumped.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Joanne

Provided Answers: 59
    date function is an inherent vba function so it may be a mismatch between different vba libraries
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks for the quick reply, but I was hoping someone had come across the same odd behavior. I agree that there's a conflict between the libraries, but is it the Acrobat.tlb or am I chasing a red wheel...