Unanswered: -805 error in AIX UNIX accessing TEST DB from PROD

Hi,

I am trying to access DB2 on AIX UNIX which is on TEST DB2 from PROD DB2. The programs are compiling successfully but when i am trying to access the TEST Db2 on a diff ip address from PROD Db2 on a diff ip address i am getting -805 error.

Could anybody help me how to resolve this error.

Thx,
    Satish

Provided Answers: 11
    can you be more specific according the scenario
    where do you connect from and where do you connect to
    which is the missing package ?
    have you verified in the catalog for the existance of package ?
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

We are using co-processor in our case and all the package related stuff will be created at the back-end.

I want to connect from PROD AIX cobol program to access to TEST db2 database for which i am getting -805 error.

Please let me know for any further more details.

Thx,
    Satish

Provided Answers: 11
    which is the missing packages - when does error occur
    please provide as much as possible info - we can not guess what you see
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Error -805 occurs whenever i am trying to execute the AIX cobol program from PROD AIX while accessing the TEST AIX DB2.

Thx,
    Satish

Provided Answers: 5
    did you bind the production version of this COBOL program to your test database?

You need to post the entire error message, which should include the name of the package that is not found.

It is possible that you need you only need to bind the DB2 client admin packages to the target server. You can do that by invoking the DB2 Configuration Assistant (under DB2 Set-up Tools) and select the remote target database, right click and select bind. Then select all packages using the instance owner id and password and hit the bind button.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390