Red face Unanswered: REORG utility cancelled (UTRO state)

Hey all !

Yesterday I start a REORG for a tablespace but I cancelled the job before the end... This morning I realized taht my tablespace was in RW, UTRO state (using the -DISPLAY command).

I guess that the state is due to the interuption of the REORG...

I didn't find in the documentation was the action I have to do to retreive a normal tablespace...

Thanks in advanced
    rd4004

Provided Answers: 1
    rd4004, Which DB2 are you using (z/OS, LUW, etc.).

If it is z/OS, the Utility probably still exists in a stopped state. Use:

-DIS UTIL(*)

If you see it in a stopped state (and I am assuming it is an On-Line Reorg since the table space in in RW) see what Phase it is in.

Since I haven't dealt with On-Line Reorgs (yet), I can't tell you what phases are safe to just Terminate the utility. I think as long as the process hasn't started the switch phase (or delete the original vsam file(s)), you can just terminate the utility (-TERM UTIL(utility-id) ).

Yes sorry ! I've forgotten to mention my OS... I'm working on z/OS

Here is the result of the command -DIS UTIL(*)

MEMBER =
    UTILID = USER1.REORGTS
    PROCESSING UTILITY STATEMENT 1
    UTILITY = REORG
    PHASE = SWITCH COUNT = 0
    NUMBER OF OBJECTS IN LIST = 1
    LAST OBJECT STARTED = 1
    STATUS = STOPPED

Can I make a -TERM UTIL command ??
    thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    This is from the Utility and Command reference manual for DB2 V9 z/OS:

= = = = =
    If you terminate a stopped REORG utility with the TERM UTILITY command during the SWITCH phase, the following conditions apply:

*All data sets that were renamed to their shadow copy counterparts are renamed to their original names, so that the objects remain in their original state, and you can rerun the job.

*If a problem occurs in renaming the data sets to the original names, the objects remain in RECOVER-pending status, and you cannot rerun the job.

If the SWITCH phase does not complete, the image copy that REORG created is not available for use by the RECOVER utility. If you terminate an active REORG utility during the SWITCH phase with the TERM UTILITY command, during the rename process, the renaming occurs, and the SWITCH phase completes. The image copy that REORG created is available for use by the RECOVER utility.
    = = = = =

Since you are in the SWITCH phase AND the count = 0 it appears that no datasets have been renamed yet. You should be save to use the TERM UTILITY command.