We have a permanent, direct hire position available for a senior DB2 DBA. This is a great opportunity with a Fortune 500 company based in Atlanta, Ga. They offer a competitive base salary, annual bonus and a comprehensive list of benefits. Unfortuately, there is no relocation assistance or sponsorship available at this time.
They are currently upgrading to DB2 ver 9.5 and the responsibilities include:
* Install and configure core database server.
* Deploy code & other database objects in strict accordance with change management policies & procedures.
* Audit & reconcile changes to data & database structures.
* Optimize performance of database server configuration.
* Migrate & load data.
* Backup & recover databases.
* Monitor database availability & performance.
* Troubleshoot, escalate, & optimally resolve database problems.
* Perform database capacity planning & trend analysis.
* Refine disaster recovery plans, test, maintain documentation, and support all tests.
* Provide tactical & strategic input that balance business need, industry best practices, cost, and alignment with corporate direction for the various disciplines.
The ideal candidate will possess:
* 5+ years of DB2 DBA experience in Mainframe
* 2 years of DB2 DBA experience on LUW (Linux, UNIX, Windows)
* Also experience with SQL Server DBA