We have a permanent, direct hire position available for a senior SQL Server DBA. This is an opportunity with a Fortune 500 company based in Milwaukee, WI or Atlanta, GA. They offer a competitive base salary, annual bonus and a comprehensive list of benefits. There is no relocation assistance or sponsorship available at this time.
Responsibilities will include:
* Install & configure core database server.
* Conduct ongoing structural refinements to database.
* Deploy code & other database objects in strict accordance with change management policies & procedures.
* Audit & reconcile changes to data & database structures.
* Optimize performance of database server configuration.
* Migrate & load data.
* Backup & recover databases.
* Monitor database availability & performance.
* Troubleshoot, escalate, & optimally resolve database problems.
* Perform database capacity planning & trend analysis.
* Refine disaster recovery plans, test, maintain documentation, and support all tests.
* Provide guidance to developers on optimization of SQL code.
* Implement & administer advanced data security mechanisms. (e.g. encryption)
* Implement & administer database high availability features. (e.g. clustering)
* Implement & administer advanced disaster recovery options. (e.g. logical/physical standby)
* Implement & administer advanced data load/transfer features. (e.g. ETL tool, replication)
The ideal candidate will possess:
* Minimum of 5 years conducting general database administration tasks. (e.g. DB implementation, DB code deployments, DB backups, creation of DB user accounts)
* At least 2 years administering database platform specific advanced features (e.g. clustering, encryption, logical/physical standby, ETL, replication) and performance optimizing server database servers and SQL code.
* Disaster Recovery (Log Shipping)