Unanswered: Activity log in Access

I need to add an activity log for work sessions in an Access db. The idea is that a user logs on (select his/her relevant user name from a drop down list). The user name should form part of the log and in addition the log should also show the log-on and log-off time.
    In addition relevant fields should show the user log-on name when writing comments.
    Anybody can please assist to find the right direction for this requirement?
    Thank you.

This link should assist.

Modules: Maintain a history of changes
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull

Thank you for your quick response - will now see how and if I can apply it to my db

Sing out log

I am new to access and I have created a central records database that has all of our documents listed and barcoded. I would like to create a log of which documents (each one is a record) is removed from the central records room and by whom. I have created a sign out form which asks for name and date and title of the record as well as the barcode and it records in the "status" section of the database that the record is "borrowed" but as soon as that records is accessed again that previous sign out is lost. is there a way to have a separate table that tracks sign out history?
    thanks for the help.

Provided Answers: 59
    Each time a document is checked out it needs to be recorded as a discrete item. The best way of modelling this is to have a table for documents and a table for document movements (which document was booked out/in and so on
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks for the quick response

Thanks for responding so quickly. So I have set up the two tables one to hold the document and one for document movement. Each time the document movement form is filled in it creates a record in the document movement table. How can I have this event effect the "status" of the original record in the document table so that each time it is checked in or checked out it changes the status field in the original table to show either "onsite" or "borrowed". I am not very good at coding so any help would be appreciated.

Provided Answers: 59
    Query the document movement table, looking for the most recent row for that document. If there is no return date then the document is out, if there is a date then the document is in/ onsite.
    If you need something that applies to the document itself then ALSO store a status in the document tavle. But that status applies to the document eg initial draft, replaced, withdrawn and so on NOT wheteher its on site or borrowed.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton