Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: locale problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    22

    Unanswered: locale problem

    Hi All,

    I have one interesting problem in informix.

    I have two database in one instance.

    One database has been created with DB_LOCALE=en_US.819
    Another database has been created with DB_LOCALE=en_US.UTF8

    We have a query, which is collecting a data from both the databases.
    It is giving error "locale information mismatch".

    How can i solve this scenario?

    If i set DB_LOCALE=en_US.819 then , i couldn't execute the query on other database. If i set DB_LOCALE=en_US.UTF8, first database query is not working.

    Please advice me on this.

    Thanks,
    R V

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8

    do not perform this at home

    Quote Originally Posted by rvsenthil
    Hi All,

    I have one interesting problem in informix.

    I have two database in one instance.

    One database has been created with DB_LOCALE=en_US.819
    Another database has been created with DB_LOCALE=en_US.UTF8

    We have a query, which is collecting a data from both the databases.
    It is giving error "locale information mismatch".

    How can i solve this scenario?

    If i set DB_LOCALE=en_US.819 then , i couldn't execute the query on other database. If i set DB_LOCALE=en_US.UTF8, first database query is not working.

    Please advice me on this.

    Thanks,
    R V
    There is a way to solve it but it is not recommended. The article finishes with the sentence... can potentially lead to data corruption.

    So if you have critical data in your databases is better to perform the safe solution.

    The two databases have to speak the same language. So the safe solution is to export the one, change DB_LOCALE to be the same with the other and import again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •