My name is Maggie Girard from HT Associates, an executive search firm in Chicago, IL. My client has a need for a SYBASE Datamodeler (any RDBMS is fine) for a permanent (Direct Hire) opportunity. This position will require someone with strength
The Enterprise Data Architect will:
Be responsible for the definition, structure, integration and maintenance of data in the enterprise
Serve as the single point of responsibility for the definition, development, and maintenance of the data architecture
Develop standards for naming, governing, managing, modeling, storing, cleansing, and transforming
Spearhead development of the Enterprise Data Model, end-to-end data flow, master data model and meta-data.
Serve as the liaison between Business, and Reporting teams
Establish measures to chart progress related to completeness and quality of meta-data
Serve on data governance board and act as the main liaison between governance/user and technology interests within the organization
Define the process to resolve cross-organizational data management issues
Focus on improvement in data quality
Resolve issues related to data architecture
The successful candidate will possess:
10 or more years experience as a Data or Information Architect
Display a proven track record in implementing enterprise meta-data management processes and tools and for managing meta-data for both decision-support (OLAP) and operational systems (OLTP)
Familiarity with meta-data management tools enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools and data profiling tools
Experience with the complete information system life cycle
Ability to deal with all levels of management
Provide input and consulting support on large-scale projects
Healthcare experience preferred
Familiar with understanding the data design Analytic / systematic thinking
Experience with Sybase
Experience with PowerDesigner or any other data modeling tool
Strong working knowledge in SQL
Experience with data modeling and database design
Results orientation from a perspective of taking ownership of deliverables
The ability to understand/ learn how the data relates to the current operations at the client and the effects that any future process changes will have on the use of data
The ability to understand and communicate the data requirements of any future infrastructure requirements

If this position is of interest to you, please email me at