Unanswered: how to check if there is something to Commit

Hi,

when I close Toad, it asks me if I want to Commit or Rollback. But it only comes up with this question if I modified something. Alternatively, if I only execute Select ststements, then Toad does not come up with this question. Obviously, the tools knows if there are any changes pending.

Now I need to do something similar from PL/SQL. What would be the query, to look into system views, to find out if there is any uncomitted change for my session ?

Regards,

Andrew

The tool knows because it keeps an internal flag indication that you changed something (or clicked in an editable view), sqlplus does not.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Quote Originally Posted by beilstwh
    The tool knows because it keeps an internal flag indication that you changed something
    Even when I call a stored procedure to do the update ?

You asked if sqlplus know if a transaction had been started. However, you can query that from the database.

Code:
    select s.status
    from v$transaction t, v$session s
    where s.saddr = t.ses_addr
    and s.audsid=SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','SESSIONID')
    If a transaction has started, it will return a status of 'ACTIVE' OR 'INACTIVE'. If no transaction has started, it will not return a row.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

thanks, that's what I was looking for