Amazon.com Seller Order Access

Is there a way to access orders on a seller account in Amazon.com? I'm trying to put together a program for my brother's store in Access. Everything else I've encountered seems easy except for the automated synchronizing of order information. Currently, my brother logs in to his seller account and requests a report in a text/csv format. Ideally I'd either be able to do something in Access/VB to link/import this information into a table directly from Amazon or I'd be able to find a free third party program which periodically updates a spreadsheet or database which I then link to in Access. I'm pretty sure this could be done with a screenscraper however, I'm fearful going this route that any changes to the formating on Amazon would throw off the scraper temporarily.
    Last edited by scrtchmstj; 06-24-09 at 14:28.

If you happen to find a solution, I'd be interested in it too. Thanks.

Ok, it looks like there are a few options:

1. ASON (Amazon Service Order Notification) Easiest - Amazon has a free downloadable exe that installs itself in the startup registry. Efficient program, regularly looks at Amazon account and posts notice of new orders. You can double click on the icon in the bottom right and export as a .CSV (would not recommend this method) the same order info provided in the new order reports, or you can create a link in your current database to the .MDB file in C:\Program Files\Amazon\Amazon Services Order Notifier\AsonDB.MDB All order information is available here (not sure about UPC?) The best part about this method is you don't have to be a special Amazon seller or pay any web service fees. Also it is easy to setup. Would be better if it facilitated other functionality like uploading inventory files, inputing delivery confirmation numbers, ...etc.
    Amazon.com: Help*>*Selling at Amazon.com*>*Manage Orders*>*Amazon Services Order Notifier (ASON)

2. AIM APIs (Amazon Inventory Management) Most Versatile - Amazon supports APIs. Basically, that means you can submit a XML formatted URL and post data to upload/download inventory listing, view orders, view confirmation, ...etc. In the forums for AIM APIs, there is a user ("imxuf")who provides some sample code in vb .net 2005 that supposedly works, I have not yet been able to successfully convert to VBA. Also, I am not sure if AWS (Amazon Web Service) costs are applicable for data transfer. I do know you have to be a Pro Merchant. (If you are doing more than 30 items a month you should be a Pro Merchant anyway as it would then be cheaper.) If you want to push information to your amazon account, this is the way to go. If all you need is new order info, go with ASON.
    Amazon Seller Community: Amazon Inventory Management (AIM) API

3. Amazon ENS (Amazon Event Notification System) Limited and I believe Amazon Web Service fees are applicable.

4. Other Amazon AWS applications - I haven't really looked into it much but it looks like Amazon has a catalog of programs for use over AWS (Amazon Web Services). It seems like you basically pay a certain dollar amount per byte of info transferred when you subscribe to AWS service. I'm not completely sure about this. Maybe someone else can expand.