Unanswered: Update query help

hi all, i've search my problem in some forum and try googling it but i can't find the right keyword. I hope you can help me.

I'm using sql server 2005 and combined with asp classic (vb).

I have a table with 3 column , the table itself is about airport tax. 3 column there : City, Airport, and Tax. What i want to do is sql update tax value column whenever admin press save button. sounds easy for me at first. Displaying every row in sql server smoothly and i think, the same goes for saving tax value.

so the query for update maybe like this it's in loop statement while rsTarif not eof:
    Code:
    set rsTarif=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    strTarif="select * from airport_tax"
    set rsTarif = objConn.execute(strTarif)

strUpdate="UPDATE airport_tax SET Tax="& request("txt|"& rsTarif("Tax")) &" WHERE City='"& rsTarif("City") &"' AND Airport='"& rsTarif("City") &"'"
    query sounds good, since i have fulfill update (table_name) set value=(value filled in html form) where city= X and airport= Y (just to make sure to update every row).

i give some sql data for example

City Airport Tax
    X Y 1000
    A B 1500
    C D 2000
    E F 1000

when update query executed, i show the result to web page and the result is

update airport_tax set Tax=1000,1000 where city=X and airport=Y
    update airport_tax set Tax=1500 where city=A and airport=B
    update airport_tax set Tax=2000 where city=C and airport=D
    update airport_tax set Tax=1000,1000 where city=E and airport=F

why the same value of tax get into the set Tax while the different one just fine?incorrect update syntax or incorrect loop?

i'm stuck at this, i can't debug since i don't know the problem. Thanks for all your help

I suspect it has to do with what is in red.

strUpdate="UPDATE airport_tax SET Tax="& request("txt|"& rsTarif("Tax")) &" WHERE City='"& rsTarif("City") &"' AND Airport='"& rsTarif("City") &"'"

Quote Originally Posted by tyo07
    i can't debug since i don't know the problem
    Isn't that what debugging is meant to do, to "find" and "correct" the problem??

delete one from where clause doesn't make change. still confuse. never get this error before. anyway thanks for your effort to help.