Unanswered: Passing group totals from Sub Report to Main Report

Is it possible to pass group totals from the subreport to main report? I have group total on the subreport and group totals in the main report. What I am trying to accomplish is pass the subreport group totals to the main report next to the main report group totals.

You can do this with a shared variable.

Essentially, you define a variable in the main report before the subreport runs. In the subreport you set the same variable to be the value you want - equal to whatever field is appropriate. Then you display the shared variable on the main report, after the subreport runs. If you're doing something like a running total, when you reach the end of the group, reset the variable to 0.

Thank You for your response. I tried using shared variable, however the shared variable only bring in the last group value from the subreport. This report is being prepared for the call center and trying to get metrics on hoe many calls are abswered at first contact and how many are escalated to the second and third tier support. So the main report has all the tickets closed in group (Benefits, Payroll, Leave etc) The subreport has all the tickets closed at first contact by the call agent in the ((Benefits, Payroll, Leave etc). So when I use the shared variable it just brings in the last number(the leave totals in the main report).
    Any tips can helps...

You can pass whatever value you want. Assuming that the group total only appears once in the subreport, place a calculated field that sets the value of the shared variable to the group total in the subreport after the group total appears - something like "SharedVariableA=SummaryFieldThatIWant".