Unanswered: Task Notifications not stopping

Hi,
    I have a Db2 9.5 workgroup FixPack 2 on Windows 2003. I have a task created in the Task Center, that runs every 5 mins after end of last execution. The task is configured to send email notification on failure.

I had a failure around 2 weeks back, and stopped the task, and stopped the instance, corrected the error, and got the task running again.
    However, I still continue to receive the error emails saying Task not successful with Return Code -843. I have tried shutting all processes, shutting the instance, forcing all applications in Control Center. Nothing works. I just keep getting notifications, a flood of them every day.

How do I turn this off now please?

Provided Answers: 5
    What is the task doing? How does it determine that a failure occurred?

Andy

Rogue Process

Hi Andy,
    The task is calling a complex stored procedure. There is no error handling and errors are generated with default settings.

My SP is currently not causing errors. My task is running without errors. But there is some old orphaned process or something that continues to send out the same old error messages.

I have restarted the instance, the machine, manually killed all db2 processes in Windows Task manager. Nothing works. I still keep getting failure messages.

TIA
    Kar

Provided Answers: 5
    You need to determine what is reporting the "failure". What criteria is it using to determine that there is a failure and to send the notification?

We had an incident where an automated process kept reporting a failure after an initial failure, but every run after that was successful. What was happening was that the process was writing success/failure messages to a file and then later in the process, the file was being read to determine if a failure occurred and send a notification if there was. Well, if the file was never cleared after the initial failure, and the process that checked the file kept seeing the failure message in it and thus reported the failure.

Andy