Hi Guys

My first post so please be kind?!

I am linking by ODBC to Sage Line 50 Data.

I don't have much experience with SQL and am having some trouble trying to link 3 tables. I have two tables joined via a LEFT OUTER and that works great. Now i would like to add another table into it, which is called "Project" it would be joined to the "Project_Tran" table by the PROJECT_ID filed/column in both tables (its the same variable in both). The whole reason i can't do this to start with of course, is that MS Query says that it will have to delete the outer join if i add another table. This is where i go into the SQL and mess around forever more and come up with nothing!

I have pasted the original code below before the extra table:

SELECT PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN.PROJECT_TRAN_ID, PROJECT_TRAN.PROJECT_ID, PROJECT_TRAN.DATE, PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN.QUANTITY, PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN.RATE, PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN.REFERENCE, PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN.DETAILS, PROJECT_TRAN.COST_CODE_ID
FROM {oj PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN LEFT OUTER JOIN PROJECT_TRAN PROJECT_TRAN ON PROJECT_ONLY_TRAN.PROJECT_TRAN_ID = PROJECT_TRAN.PROJECT_TRAN_ID}

Then as stated above, i would like to join another table by Inner Join to "Project_Tran" by "Project_tran.Project_ID = Project.Project_ID". Once the link is complete i would like to show the "Description" column/field in the query.

here would be the SQL if it was just the extra one i was linking to the Project_tran tables:

SELECT PROJECT_TRAN.PROJECT_ID, PROJECT.DESCRIPTION
FROM PROJECT PROJECT, PROJECT_TRAN PROJECT_TRAN
WHERE PROJECT.PROJECT_ID = PROJECT_TRAN.PROJECT_ID

If there is anything else that would help you to help me, then please please let me know.

Thanks

Wes