Unanswered: Restore Database on Different Physical Drive

Hi guys I have a question. The tech wants sql backups to be done on a totally different physical drive. so the drive sql is on is sqldrive but the drive he wants them backed up on is filedrive

now I did the back up but when it came to the restoring I got errors? Any ideas as to why?? should I just check the overwrite the exisisting database under options??

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
    ------------------------------

Restore failed for Server 'GCSQL'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

For help, click: Source: ID: ( ) - Events And Errors Message Center: Message Details

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The tail of the log for the database "SoftWareTesterdb" has not been backed up. Use BACKUP LOG WITH NORECOVERY to backup the log if it contains work you do not want to lose. Use the WITH REPLACE or WITH STOPAT clause of the RESTORE statement to just overwrite the contents of the log. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdN...0&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

Provided Answers: 54
    This message is telling you that you are trying to restore a backup into an existing database that has changed since its most recent backup. It is asking if you want to lose the changes that have occurred since that most recent backup (those changes are stored in what is called the "tail of the log").

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

nevermine, misread post.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    This message is telling you that you are trying to restore a backup into an existing database that has changed since its most recent backup. It is asking if you want to lose the changes that have occurred since that most recent backup (those changes are stored in what is called the "tail of the log").

-PatP

I was just testing it, I deleted a table and then went to restore it from the backup. So I was going to go to the options and do an overwrite. thank you Pat
    Last edited by desireemm; 06-30-09 at 14:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan

-PatP
    How do I bypass this? I do want to loose the changes since the most recent back up. I'm just practicing restore on a non production database