Kindly close this. thanks.

["http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/695/picture2epi.png"]Kindly remove this.. im kinda confused with it.
    Last edited by MarineX; 07-01-09 at 11:42.

That is significantly better and would have been a much better starting point. Your original question, with no work done, is totally different to requesting a critique.

How are the ordered items and delivered items related? It appears that there is nothing to prevent a customer getting items they didn't order....
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    That is significantly better and would have been a much better starting point. Your original question, with no work done, is totally different to requesting a critique.

How are the ordered items and delivered items related? It appears that there is nothing to prevent a customer getting items they didn't order....
    hmm.. so how i should improve? im kinda lost.

i apologise i am extremely weak in this module.. which even after reading the notes over and over again i still don't quite get a number of stuffs.

based on what you have said, is there a way for me to cut across? Like from the Product all the way to Delivery?

I think you've done an ok job so far.

Think of it in natural English.
    A customer order product(s) - you've modelled this.
    This order is then delivered to the customer - you have not modelled this correctly, as your delivery is not related to the order. A customer will not receive stuff they didn't order, right?

So now you need to think "what is a delivery?". Is it just the order being delivered? If so, is delivery really an entity in its own right? Or could it be that a single order might be sent in several separate deliveries? In that case, there could be an delivery entity.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

I would not relate product directly to delivery. If you relate order to delivery, then product is then indirectly related.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    I would not relate product directly to delivery. If you relate order to delivery, then product is then indirectly related.
    so if you were in my shoes, how would u relate to make it correct? im kinda lost.

my rules is actually like this;

customer order products then
    the employee will retrieves product info and
    makes the delivery to the customer.

correct me if im wrong.. what u mean at post #5 is that.. i need to have another Order attribute for my "DELIVERY entity" to absorb the order details from the product and to ship to more customers

OR

Delivery entity > Shipment entity. Leaving out the Customer entity from Delivery entity.
    Last edited by MarineX; 07-01-09 at 09:44.

anyone willing to aid me on this ?

[Customers]
    customer_id PRIMARY KEY

[Employees]
    emp_id PRIMARY KEY

[Products]
    product_id PRIMARY KEY

[Orders]
    order_id PRIMARY KEY
    product_id FOREIGN KEY
    customer_id FOREIGN KEY

[Delivery]
    delivery_id PRIMARY KEY
    order_id FOREIGN KEY
    emp_id FOREIGN KEY
    customer_id FOREIGN KEY

Don't forget temporal data types such as delivery_scheduled, delivery_date etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sqlguru
    [Customers]
    customer_id PRIMARY KEY

[Employees]
    emp_id PRIMARY KEY

[Products]
    product_id PRIMARY KEY

[Orders]
    order_id PRIMARY KEY
    product_id FOREIGN KEY
    customer_id FOREIGN KEY

[Delivery]
    delivery_id PRIMARY KEY
    order_id FOREIGN KEY
    emp_id FOREIGN KEY
    customer_id FOREIGN KEY

Don't forget temporal data types such as delivery_scheduled, delivery_date etc.
    gee, thanks. what about the diagram? pootle flump mentioned there is an issue with it.

Delivery should be related to order because you can find the customer from an order, but you cannot find the order from a delivery.

Also, in the example I gave, there is no need to have a customer_id foreign key because you can find the customer from an order
    [delivery]
    delivery_id
    order_id
    emp_id

And employees should be renamed personnel (have you ever heard management say "do you have any employees on hand?"). Also, employees can be customers as well etc.