Unanswered: Converting Calculated Formulas

Recently I have been trying to convert a Paradox for DOS report to Windows by creating the design by hand but copying the calculations into the new fields.

The report simply tallies the number of records based on different conditions and displays the totals in a set of columns. I haven't had issues creating the layout, but the Windows version of Paradox will not accept the calculation formulas so I wanted to know if there was a guide I could use to figure out how to switch the formulas over.

There isn't really any programming logic involved. The formulas are simply count commands with iif statements for the different criteria.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

please show the exact code you are using, or we can only guess..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Below is the original code, and below that is the new code I've been trying to use (aside from the original).

COUNT(IIF([W1]="LC",IIF(ISBLANK([W2]),IIF(ISBLANK([W3]),IIF(ISBLANK([W4]),1,""),""),""),""))
    NUMVAL(COUNT(IIF([W1]="LC",IIF([Commute]="C",IIF(ISBLANK([W2]),IIF(ISBLANK([W3]),IIF(ISBLANK([W4]),1,""),""),""),""),"")))
    NUMVAL(COUNT(IIF([W1]="LC",IIF([Overnight]="O",IIF(ISBLANK([W2]),IIF(ISBLANK([W3]),IIF(ISBLANK([W4]),1,""),""),""),""),"")))
    NUMVAL(COUNT(IIF([W1]="LC",IIF(ISBLANK([W2]),IIF([Overnight]="B",IIF(ISBLANK([W3]),IIF(ISBLANK([W4]),1,""),""),""),""),"")))
    NUMVAL(COUNT(IIF([W1]="LC",IIF([Single/Double]="S",IIF(ISBLANK([W2]),IIF(ISBLANK([W3]),IIF(ISBLANK([W4]),1,""),""),""),""),"")))
    NUMVAL(COUNT(IIF([W1]="LC",IIF([Single/Double]="D",IIF(ISBLANK([W2]),IIF(ISBLANK([W3]),IIF(ISBLANK([W4]),1,""),""),""),""),"")))

New code:

COUNT(IIF([ASHE5-09.W1]="LC",IIF(isBlank([ASHE5-09.W2]),IIF(isBlank([ASHE5-09.W3]),IIF(isBlank([ASHE5-09.W4]),1,""),""),""),""))

I also tried more variations such as quotes around the table and others but nothing has worked. I did manage to create queries however, but I don't think importing a query for every field (literally over a hundred) is practical on the technical side of things.

you haven't posted the exact error messages, and I don't have PdoxWIN loaded on the machine I'm at, but the ordinary "this is a field name" logic in PdoxWIN is not the same as PdoxDOS..

PdoxDOS - [table->field]
    PdoxWIN - table."field"
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too