Unanswered: Where to find or check DSN3@ATH and DSN3@SGN?

I have an auditor asking me questions about SDNSEXIT and whether it has been modified. They want me to prove that DSN3@ATH and DSN3@SGN have not changed. I have no idea even how to figure this out. I tried looking on the IBM site and they talk about SDSNLOAD and SDSNEXIT but it is very confusing. Any help would be appreciated.

Provided Answers: 1
    tjoyce, I am going to assume you are talking about DB2 z/OS.

If you don't know the name of the SDSNLOAD and SDSNEXIT PDS, you will need to get them from the people who installed DB2. The full PDS names might also by in some of your DB2 JCL in the //JOBLIB or //STEPLIB.

The SDNSLOAD PDS contains the executables for DB2. If you need to modify any of these members to customize your environment (or add your own EXIT routines), you would put these modifications in the SDSNEXIT PDS (and make sure it is concatenated in Joblib / Steplib statements before the SDSDNLOAD PDS).

As for how you can prove they haven't been modified, I don't know how to do that. At our site, both of the members you mention (DSN3@ATH and DSN3@SGN) are in our SDSNEXIT PDS. I don't know why they needed to be modified (I am not the System DBA) but they were modified (or they wouldn't be in the SDSNEXIT PDS).

Hi Stealth_DBA,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry you are correct this is DB2 for z/OS.

How do you look at your SDSNEXIT PDS (also what does PDS stand for?)? I am very green in this area and have inherited this database from the person that installed it who has since left the company.

Provided Answers: 1
    tjoyce, Sorry, I forgot to simplify sometimes.

PDS is Partitioned Data Set. It is a file that contain members. (this is different from a file that contains just data).

You can go to 3.4 to browse the file. Type in the PDS name (you can use * as a wildcard). When the PDS is displayed, type B next to it to browse and see the members.

z/OS has quite a different approach to files - called "data sets". In my view, this is the most fundamental conceptual difference to other operating systems (aside from the look and feel). If you are not familiar with this, it's going to be a bit hard
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development