Thread: db2diag

Unanswered: db2diag

Hi,

The /db2/SID/db2dump folder reaches 95%utilisation.I have archive the db2diag log file also using db2diag -A path.After that it reaches 93%,I ghave checked db2ir.nfy size is 2.3 GB.Every day this file increasing.How to reduce this file..

Regards,
    Raj

This file is useful when you have to investigate system errors ...

On a daily basis, tar and compress the files in this directory, delete the files and move the compressed file to a different directory for later retrieval .. You can delete the compressed files older than n days (30 is my guideline)

Why not increase the size of the filesystem to accomodate more files in this directory ?

HTH

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Wouldn't the right question be what is causing all those dumps and fix the problem then figuring out how to reduce folder utilization?
    --
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

DB2 v9.7.0.6 os 6.1.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar8000
    Wouldn't the right question be what is causing all those dumps and fix the problem then figuring out how to reduce folder utilization?
    That's a good suggestion ..

Of course, there are other tasks that log into db2diag.log - like LOAD, automatic maintance, STMM etc. So the size of the db2dump filesystem has to accomodate this too ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Quote Originally Posted by sathyaram_s
    Of course, there are other tasks that log into db2diag.log - like LOAD, automatic maintance, STMM etc. So the size of the db2dump filesystem has to accomodate this too ...
    For sure. but I have a feeling it is not one of those that caused this posting
    --
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

DB2 v9.7.0.6 os 6.1.0.0