Alpine Califormia

Unanswered: Another Way to Hide Duplicates in RS

Hi I have two groups one is the state category the other is the state services. and I am trying to hide the duplicates for the state category

looks like this.

Selft Concept

Self Concept
    Youth leadership

Academic Support
    Large Group

I only need the State Categories to show up one time not every time there is a State services that relates to it, (hope that makes sense) when I went to the properties to hide the duplicates it didnt work. Is there another way to do that??

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    As a great man once said: Huh ?!?!?

You know too much about your subject to explain it simply for us mere mortals. Which of the above are what?

In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Alpine Califormia
    if yiou look at the attachment that I exported from RS to Excel you will see that per record there is either Self Concept or Academic Support, I am trying to make it so that they show once per record. I keep getting duplicates. I am trying to get it to look like the attachement on book1. But I keep getting the Academic Support and the Selfconcept and the Counseling (which is [State Category] to once show per record more then once and I dont need duplicates. I am tryign to get it to look like the detail section of Book1 and its not working if you look at the StateReport thats what I got. I have the table grouped by [State Category], StudentID, and [State Services]

SELECT     [Student Activity_ind].[Activity Date], [Student Activity_ind].[Total Time], Student_ind.[Studentschool Id], Student_ind.schoolID, 
                          Student_ind.[Student First Name], Student_ind.[Student Last Name], [Student Activity_ind].[State Services], [Student Activity_ind].[State Category], 
                          [Student Activity_ind].[Primary Catagory], [Student Activity_ind].Activity, [Student Activity_ind].Services, [Student Activity_ind].[Covered during Session], 
                          Student_ind.[Student ID]
    FROM         Student_ind INNER JOIN
                          [Student Activity_ind] ON Student_ind.[Student ID] = [Student Activity_ind].[Student ID]
    WHERE     ([Student Activity_ind].[Activity Date] BETWEEN @Beginning_ActivityDate AND @End_ActivityDate) AND (Student_ind.[Studentschool Id] IS NOT NULL) 
                          AND (Student_ind.schoolID IS NOT NULL)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by desireemm; 07-06-09 at 05:32.