Is Access even of creating such a table from another table’s data?
Yes you can create the table you describe using access. The good news is it not to difficult. There are several steps.
1. Create a query with the part number and the fruit type
2. In the criteria type “Is Not Null” without the quotes under the fruit type
3. Create another query with the part number and the shape
4. In the criteria type “Is Not Null” without the quotes under the shape
5. Do this for as many time as necessary to include all of the properties you are looking for
6. Now open another query close the show tables
7. Click on SQL
8. Open the first query you created and
9. click on SQL View. Copy the code and past it in the new query and remove the ‘;” from the end of the SQL press enter and type UNION
10. Open the second query you created and repeat starting at 8. When you are finished save the query
11. Run the query to see if it has everything you needed
12. Open another query and using the query from 10 select the two filed change the query type to make table name it and run the query