Question Unanswered: Debugging Stored Procedures in a batch environment

Please help....

Is it possible to use "xpediter" to debug Stored Procedures in a batch environment (calling from a JCL)? If so what are the steps involved?

What are the other ways of debugging a Stored Procedure in a batch environment?

Are we allowed to code Display Statements in a stored procedure? My guess is... NO... since it runs in a DB2 address space!

Please help!!!

Regards
    BV

IIRC, you can. It is been 10 years since I did a COBOL Stored proc on the mainframe.

You will get the output in SYSOUT of DSNSPAS or whatever address space the stored proc runs.

I assume you are talking about a COBOL Stored Procedure

Quote Originally Posted by bvdev
    Are we allowed to code Display Statements in a stored procedure? My guess is... NO... since it runs in a DB2 address space!

Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Exclamation Thanks for the quick response!

Yes, the SP is written in COBOL. You mean the DISPLAY will be in the SYSOUT of the DB2 job of the specific subsystem where the Stored Procedure is executed or the SYSOUT of the JCL from where the calling program is executed?

Can it be tested using "xpediter"?

Thanks & Regards
    BV

Yes, the SP is written in COBOL. You mean the DISPLAY will be in the SYSOUT of the DB2 job of the specific subsystem where the Stored Procedure is executed or the SYSOUT of the JCL from where the calling program is executed?
    SYSOUT of the stored procedure address space , NOT the calling program

Can it be tested using "xpediter"?
    To be honest, I don't have clue ... sorry ..Someone here will have the answer
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hardly any help: It can be done, I did it. But... it is a few years ago and I am no longer hired by that client.
    You'll need help from your sysprogs to set it up. If they say it cannot be done..... wel maybe you need better sysprogs or get them to like you better

Thanks, I will check this out!

If not xpediter... how else can you debug a Stored Procedure?

Regards
    BV