Smile Unanswered: Need help to change the content for remote located file

Hi All,

I have a file that sits on 4 diffrent servers, those servers are diffrent region based and they are authentication protected and that file has a diff port numbers, so when run the script it must ask my login details,region of server and port no for that file once it took from me it will goes to the file path where it will locate and open it change the content if i give the line whoes start with defualt or some perticuler word like care then it should search the file,once it found it should change the line if it is not found it must create a new line in the same file.So can you please help me how to write a script.your help is great appreciate.

Thank you in advance.

regards
    Arjun

Quote Originally Posted by tmarjuna
    I have a file that sits on 4 diffrent servers, those servers are diffrent region based and they are authentication protected and that file has a diff port numbers, so when run the script it must ask my login details,region of server and port no for that file once it took from me it will goes to the file path where it will locate and open it change the content if i give the line whoes start with defualt or some perticuler word like care then it should search the file,once it found it should change the line if it is not found it must create a new line in the same file.So can you please help me how to write a script.your help is great appreciate.
    Could you always make changes to one file and then FTP it to the other servers? Even better why not have just one file and get the other servers to grab the data from this one file rather than updating 4 separate files. If the data is record based then could you store the data in a database? I know quite a good forum regards databases.