Unanswered: Cannot access DB via ASP when users have DB open

Hello,

I have an access database that we use to collect information. I have ASP pages that are used to connect to the database pull out some info and display it.

This all works perfectly when no users have the database open, but if 1 or more users has the database open which is the norm the ASP files cannot make the connection to the database and give me a record set to work with. I have been trying to solve this for days now and I have gone through several errors but I seem to keep being led back to this one...

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

When I search MSDN it tells me basically that the file doesn't have permission and I need to check the permissions in the IIS location. The problem is I am not an admin and cannot check this what I want to know is, Is there a way to make a connection to the database via ASP where the ASP page isn't an anonymous user but instead is a legitmate user?

I hope that is clear. Also is it possible there is another solution I have yet to uncover?

If you know the account you want the ASP page to run in, you can specify it in the properties for the web server in IIS. You can also set the access database to a data source and connect to it with a username and password.

You could alternatively try opening a connection to the database on the Application_Start sub of the global.asa file for the web application.

Regards,

Ax

Provided Answers: 10
    You do not want to open a connection on application_start.

You should only open and close a connection for the length of time that it is required.
    George
    Home | Blog

Provided Answers: 10
    You do not want to open a connection on application_start.

You should only open and close a connection for the length of time that it is required.
    George
    Home | Blog

I cannot Access the IIS to modifty it but I think I am going to need to put in a request for iusr to get more access to the database. There is a potential security issue but the database is stored on an intranet. Its just I am not an admin.