Unanswered: 2.Configure authentication at both databases to support the transfer of redo data

Hello

Do I need to this? How can I do this?
    Thanks

"
    2.Configure authentication at both databases to support the transfer of redo data.

"

Here is the link
    Simple Oracle Streams Replication Configuration

Complete the following steps to prepare the source database to transfer its redo log files to the capture database, and to prepare the capture database to accept these redo log files

2.Configure authentication at both databases to support the transfer of redo data.

Redo transport sessions are authenticated using either the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol or a remote login password file. If the source database has a remote login password file, then copy it to the appropriate directory on the downstream capture database system. The password file must be the same at the source database and the downstream capture database

Cool Public keys?

If you do not know how (or have no privileges) to configure Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connectivity or a remote login password file, then you should ask your Unix system administrator(s) to do it for you.

On the other hand, the easiest is to set up public key authentication over SSH.
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Hi,
    Can you tell how this happens? I never heard of such configuration
    I donot understand why oracle cannot handle this authentication by itself?
    Best Regards

Cool Server to server

Quote Originally Posted by sunsail
    Hi,
    Can you tell how this happens? I never heard of such configuration
    I donot understand why oracle cannot handle this authentication by itself?
    Best Regards
    Did you check out the link I provided?

Oracle must rely on (or use) the OS to authenticate for server to server file operations.
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb