Unanswered: Error 3075 - missing operator

Hi - I just don't know what I am doing wrong here. I am trying to run a query through VB in access. I actually wrote the query using the access tools and then just copied and pasted the sql into the vb code and yet it does nto work! this is driving me bonkers.

here is the code:
    DoCmd****nSQL ("INSERT INTO [(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates] ( CODE, COUNTRY, [Month], RATE, DataSource, [Month] )" & _
    "SELECT tbl_Holding.F1, tbl_Holding.F2, tbl_Holding.date_updated, tbl_Holding.F4, tbl_Holding.DataSource, [(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates].Month" & _
    "FROM tbl_Holding LEFT JOIN [(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates] ON tbl_Holding.date_updated = [(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates].Month" & _
    "WHERE ((([(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates].Month) Is Null));")

all I want to do is append new data into the table. For that purpose I have linked the month fields with a left join and stipulated that the date in question is not yet in that table. I need to do this since the data I am trying to import might also contain some data from last month which is also in the table. This data i then want to use to update the table in a second step following on from this first one.

help please I am going crazy here...

anyone any advise how I can avoid this in the future... where am i always going wrong!

Add a space before the double quote character at the end of the line. Your SQL looks like this right now:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO [(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates] ( CODE, COUNTRY, [Month], RATE, DataSource, [Month] )SELECT tbl_Holding.F1, tbl_Holding.F2, tbl_Holding.date_updated, tbl_Holding.F4, tbl_Holding.DataSource, [(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates].MonthFROM tbl_Holding LEFT JOIN [(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates] ON tbl_Holding.date_updated = [(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates].MonthWHERE ((([(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates].Month) Is Null));
    Regards,

Ax

Provided Answers: 59
    if you have these sort of errors assignthe SQL to a varaibale first, then examine the SQL
    Code:
    strSQL="INSERT INTO [(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates] ( CODE, COUNTRY, [Month], RATE, DataSource, [Month] )" & _
    "SELECT tbl_Holding.F1, tbl_Holding.F2, tbl_Holding.date_updated, tbl_Holding.F4, tbl_Holding.DataSource, [(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates].Month" & _
    "FROM tbl_Holding LEFT JOIN [(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates] ON tbl_Holding.date_updated = [(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates].Month" & _
    "WHERE ((([(SE)_tbl_Exchange_Rates].Month) Is Null));"
    DoCmd****nSQL (strSQL)
    why?
    you can insert a watch or display the sql in a msgbox to make certain that what you are sending to the SQL engine is what you think you are sending.
    its far easier, in my books, to debug what you are sending. its also a heck of a lot easier for others to try to debug
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton