Unanswered: Need a performance monitoring tool

I have a few scripts that do check the performance of the system. But I am in need of a good tool that will check the performance of a database. I want to run that on my laptop and monitor the cataloged databases. There are too many things to check when it comes to performance so I need something that can look at the databases and highlight the problem areas.
    1) Is it CPU, IO or memory.
    2) Are there any database issues like Bufferpool hit ratios or sortoverflows. so on....................

Do you guys use any such tool.
    I have been tuning some databases and I cant find a solution for some of them.

Provided Answers: 5
    What DB2 version and OS?

Andy

Version 8 and 9 specifically. OS could be unix, linux.

Provided Answers: 5
    There is a free snapshot monitor tool that might be of use. See the sticky section of this forum for a link to it. The best commercial tool that I have come across is from DBI. You can find more about them here: DBI :: Making Performance Heroes Every Day

Andy

Embarcadero DBOptimizer

There is a performance monitoring tool from Embarcadero called DBOptimizer.

Form their site I found: Embarcadero DB Optimizer maximizes database and application performance by enabling DBAs and developers to quickly discover, diagnose, and optimize poor-performing SQL. DB Optimizer eliminates performance bottlenecks by identifying data intensive or frequently executed queries, focusing on specific SQL statements through query statistics (CPU, I/O, wait times), and fine-tuning problematic statements.

This is where you can find more: Database Software for SQL Optimization | DB Optimizer

Catalin