Question Unanswered: DB2 v 9.5 installation on fedora linux...

Hi all,

I just want to know that i can install db2 v 9.5 software on the fedora linux 9.
    If it is possible, just give me some idea regarding its installation.

Thanks in advance,
    Dolphins...

Provided Answers: 5
    I have successfully installed DB2 9.5 client on fedora 11. Nothing special was done during the normal setup process. If you want to install the server product, then you can just try installing it and see what happens.

Andy

I have it running on Fedora 9. No problems except that I had to disable SE Linux security (but I don't remember if that affected DB2). Also, you may have open some firewall ports if you are accessing the database remotely (port for db2 instance such as 50000, etc and port 22 for ssh).
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Hi Guys,

Thanks for ur help.....

Regards,
    Dolphins.

db2 installation

Quote Originally Posted by ARWinner View Post
    I have successfully installed DB2 9.5 client on fedora 11. Nothing special was done during the normal setup process. If you want to install the server product, then you can just try installing it and see what happens.

Andy
    i have dual boot windows and linux system ,my db2 setup is on ntfs file system and i am not getting the path to install the db2 from ntfs drives

Provided Answers: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by prm View Post
    i have dual boot windows and linux system ,my db2 setup is on ntfs file system and i am not getting the path to install the db2 from ntfs drives
    I am sorry I do not understand what your problem is. Can you elaborate? Also provider DB2 versions. You should also start a new thread instead of resurrecting a 3 year old one.

Andy