Post Unanswered: SQL Stored procedure

Guys

I am working on a project where in i need push some datas from sql server 2005 to Mysql. I am using linked servers to establish connection btw these 2 DBS.

I would have to push datas from different tables in SQL to my sql. i understand that i need to first have the datas taken and put them in a temp table or text file and then write a procedure to push it into mysql

but am little confused as am not basically a DB person, would appreciate your help with any sample documents

Thank you,
    yash

Provided Answers: 11
    If the server is linked, you should just be able to directly insert the data into the MySQL table(s). Try this: Set up a dummy table in MySQL. In SQL 2005, select the data from that table. Then execute an insert into that table. Hopefully you have a test system to play around with.

Quote Originally Posted by MCrowley
    If the server is linked, you should just be able to directly insert the data into the MySQL table(s). Try this: Set up a dummy table in MySQL. In SQL 2005, select the data from that table. Then execute an insert into that table. Hopefully you have a test system to play around with.

Hi Mcrowley,

Thanks for the help. let me explain a bit more. What am basically looking for is a way of pushing datas from more than one table into mysql DB on a daily basis(or whenever any update happens) i was assuming that i could use stored procedueres and triggers. I need to generate reports by pulling datas from SQL server to Mysql(Mysql acts as a middleware here, which is DB itself for another application)so i would have to combine datas pulled from SQL server 2005 and oracle 10g into MYsql along with datas from mysql

i still havent figured a way to connect oracle 10g to mysql

would appreciate any help on this.

Mysql acts as a middleware DB here