Unanswered: Unable to connect Database - Login Failed

Hello ALL

i have a scenario, where i am hosting a ASP.NET website which is using SQL 2005 DB, additionally i have made a .udl link file which is linking the same DB.

Now, Website is open on localhost and accessing Database contents and if subsequently we try to test connection using my .udl link file it shows one of the 2 errors below:

1. Login Failed.........
    2. Test Connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Unable to open the physical file "...." .OS error 32(process cannot access the file as it is being used by another process.)

Please help me resolve this problem.

Provided Answers: 11
    Are you sure you are not using MS Access as a database? I have never known SQL Server to give the second error.

Yes i am sure i am using SQL database in my project.

Provided Answers: 54
    The problem lies inside your UDL file. That's where you need to find the problem and fix it.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

thanks for the reply

Actually, .udl file works perfectly fine if i have not browsed the website and even i have verified this by writing a small C# utility where i am trying to read data back from the same database.

Provided Answers: 54
    I'm still pretty sure that the problem lies in your UDL file, although based on the fact that the UDL file works by itself (which still leaves it as a possible culprit), the problem could also be in your web site. I still lean very heavily toward the problem being somewhere in the UDL file.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

May be i am also trying to find the cause of the problem.
    I think i can help you with some more information like

Website has got a SQL database to which i connect and disconnect on many operations. Website has got 2 types of database interaction
    1. Using Code in C# with SqlConnection and other classes
    2. Using SqlDataSource.

In method "1" i have checked that whenever a connection is opened it is also closed but in "2" method SqlDatasource is binded with some controls like gridview which handles all the connections on its own.

Now the problem is here, i open the website and retrieve data on the gridview and than close the browser window. Now id i check the DB connection using my udl file or the small test app which i have made it gives me one of the 2 errors earlier stated.

Hello

Some more info
    When i start the browser and open the website Link, process named "aspnet_wp.exe" starts But when i exit from site and close the browser window the process still remains and is holding some connection as well which is responsible for the error. As soon as i forcefully close the "aspnet_wp" and than test connection, it works fine.

please let me know if i am going into right direction with ur suggestions.

Regards
    Goel