Thread: Sp2-0027

Unanswered: Sp2-0027

I have a sql quiery (with joins and all) which has 25000 characters. I am unable to paste it all in sqlplus (may b because sqlplus doesnt allow more than 'some' characters).
    I saved the sqlquery as .sql and when i ran, got the following error:
    Code:
    SQL> @oracle.sql;
    Input truncated to 7499 characters
    SP2-0027: Input is too long (> 2499 characters) - line ignored
    SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "FT JOIN MI..." - rest of line ignored.
    SQL>
    kindly help me on how can i run this sql.

Provided Answers: 1
    Try this link
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by cis_groupie
    Boss i did enof search on google...if ur such a googlite, u get me the solution

If your going to be rude, forget you. This is a free service and we are doing you a service.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Quote Originally Posted by beilstwh
    If your going to be rude, forget you. This is a free service and we are doing you a service.
    excuse me Mr...wat service u did?
    u want credit for directing a person to google???
    huh
    ***k

Provided Answers: 4
    I'd say that this was a bad start, and even worse resumption.

OK, so you did search the Internet; what solutions did you find, which of them did you implement in order to solve the problem? What happened so that they didn't help? Any (new) error message? If so, which ones?

Besides, it would be nice of you to write in plain English. "Enof", "ur", "u", "wat" are not exactly words which should be used in communication (if we try to act as professionals (sort of)).

I wud say its getting worse...how can i b surrounded by all such stupid people who r dying for appreciation even before helping anyone!!!
    i got the solution to this (without the help of nuts like u) so pls stop replying to the post u all 'credit' hungry people!!!

Provided Answers: 4
    Huh, it must be terrible being you. Poor chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefoot
    Huh, it must be terrible being you. Poor chap.
    truth hurts!!!
    if i say "Sir please help me in getting the solution..thanks a tonn for the help.." it makes u happy and then only u reply...sick..littlefool

Have you considered that we many not all be
    stupid people who r dying for appreciation
    ,and that your posting style may come over as arrogant and demanding.

As a general rule, if you're trying to get people who know more than you to give up their time and help you for free, then a polite and even respectful approach will get you a lot further than your current attitude.

When I went through the links on the Google post, I found solutions in 2/3 of the posts on the first page.

I put it to you that if you did search for a solution yourself, then you did a very poor job of searching.

Just arriving late at this thread, I would say that while the OP's answers have become rude, his original question was not rudely put and a response using LMGTFY is (intentionally) patronising and insulting, and is partly to blame for the OP's subsequent rudeness. I think some questions are so breathtakingly lazy that the LMGTFY response is justified; I don't think this was one of them.

andrewst, at the risk of drawing this out for too long...
    I didn't know how to solve the problem, but thought it an interesting one so googled to see if there was anything at all that I could read in the way of research (continuous learning etc).

As JRowbottom said, the first couple of hits from the search were good articles that explained the problem & gave a comprehensive answer, so much so that even I, with no experience of this error, could have had a good stab at resolving it.

Maybe this question wasn't breathtakingly lazy, but it certainly seemed so to me; as such, I consider my reply to have been appropriate. Maybe I'm not cut out to decide which questions are deserving of a lmgtfy response - I'll cease & desist
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.