Thread: Report Query

Unanswered: Report Query

Hi Forum

I have a database which allows users to write reviews on a submission (a document of some sort).

I now need to create a report which shows all reviews for a submission, which I have done but does not work how I would like.
    An example of my report is as follows:

December 2008 Report (this is the submission)

Reviewer: Michael
    Comments:

Review: Daniel
    Comments:

As you can see, my problem is that each review can vary in size greatly, and as such it is becoming a real pig to create a generic report which can display my information correctly. I can set the 'Comments' text box to be very large, but then when the next record appears it may be only 1 line of text and then there is a massive gap to the next comment.

Does anyone know a way around this? Any help would be greatly appreciated here.

Michael

Look at the Can Shrink and Can Grow properties for the text box
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

You LEGEND.

Thanks!

One more quick question. If the first review is long it seems to start on the second page. Any way around this??

Thanks!

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by bonnim
    One more quick question. If the first review is long it seems to start on the second page. Any way around this??

Thanks!
    new question new thread please...

.may be worth while having a look at the sorting grouping properties to keep together.

ultimately you are going to have to face the overflow.

it may be that what you need is some alternative text in say the page header that sets something like 'more waffle about product X' if a new page is forced in between reviews. I've never tried it but you may have to do a leetle bit of VBA dabbling in the onpage format event if the column is the same as, say, set in the row on format event.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton