Unanswered: Stored Procedure issue

Hello all,

I have a stored procedure in SQL-2005 that was running fine from last 2 years but suddenly i was getting a connection time out error in my application.

but when I have open that procedure is SQL query analyser and execute it again i mean I have just open it and ALTER it without any change then every thing works fine.

Can anybody tell what may be the Issue with that.
    I thought that procedure might be corrupted so I hv executed it again.

don't know exact reason for that.

Thanks in advance ...
    Aslam

If nothing has changed in the procedure or infrastructure it is most likely a user problem.

When run in Analyzer it uses your user account but probably uses a different user account when run normally.

no this is not the case as it was working fine from very long and i have just open and save it again...

do we have something related to timestamp of procedure like i hv execute it so may be that time was updated with current date.not really but may be ...

What calls this stored procedure?

A program, Scheduler, run manually etc...

I am just fetching some information from database to display in the UI screen.

output of this proc hv some 8 fields with approx 10-15 rows.this is very simple procedure not complex

The only question I am asking is what is calling the proc, from your answer I am guesing it is a program. What credentials are you using in the program to to access the db in the program. I am guessing it is different then your personal credentials.

Verify those credentials rights have not been alterred or that they are not locked. I had a similar issue a few years ago and chased it around for hours until I found out the user credentials used to access the db were locked out.