Angry Unanswered: Problems with a printable form

Hi!

Here's my problem: I have a form with 6 subforms, each subform has a head/footer with textboxes to be filled with values depending of the selection I made. When I see the form in the print preview all information I need is there but when the form is printed the values from the header (all subforms) and footer (only subforms that is filled with percent values) are missing .

Do you have any idea what's going on or how to fix this problem??

Thanks for the help

Provided Answers: 1
    The path of least resistance would be to port your form over to a report. Forms aren't designed to be print friendly so you'll have to man handle it a bit to get it the way you like it. On the other hand, you could use a parameterized report and have precise control over look and feel. You could exactly recreate the form if that's what you're after.

Anyway, once you've done that, then you can pass in an argument when opening the report which can be used to open the same record you were looking at with your form.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I tried to create a report before I create the form with the subforms, but I wasn't able to fill in the data properly into the subreports...I never worked with access before so I'll give a try again...if I face more problems I'll be back =)

Thanks =D

Temp Tables

D,

Sometimes, when working with reports, for your queries and data to run right you have to build some VBA, which first runs "Build" queries and creates temp tables for you, which will then link seamlessly to your report.

DBS4M

Provided Answers: 59
    Sorry I don't see the problem here
    I'd agree with Teddy if you want to print something use a report, if you want to view soemthign use a form.

create a report for each of the subgorms
    create a report for the parent top form
    insert the 6 sub reports into the top report
    insert a button on the top form which calls the report limited / filtered to the current record
    print that report
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Sorry folks...it didn't work...probably it is my fault because I'm a noob using access. I'll tell you what I did, I created the report in design view just like my old form, created the subreports and etc...besides the problem to fill in the subreports I couldn't fill in the textboxes as well.

I think the syntax is incorrect =(

To fill the reports textbox:

[Form_Sumário de Recuperação - Impressão]!txtFiltros.Value = strFiltros **This code works for the form so I did the same thing for the report**

[Report_Sumário de Recuperação - Impressão]!txtFiltros.Value = strFiltros

To fill the subreports:

[Form_Sumário de Recuperação - Risco Cliente].[Sumário Recuperação - CarteiraSaldo2].Form.RecordSource = strVisaoSaldoSQL
    **This code works for the form so I did the same thing for the report**

[Report_Sumário de Recuperação - Impressão].[Sumário Recuperação - CarteiraSaldo2B].Report.RecordSource = strVisaoSaldoSQL

Provided Answers: 1
    Ehhh... Reports only DISPLAY data. They are not for data entry.

You may want to take a fundamental tutorial on Access reporting to get a handle on the overall concept.

Forms and reports are different animals all-together.

I'm not sure you've understood that we're suggesting you use the FORM to select your data, then use the report ONLY to display the data you just selected/created in your form.
    Last edited by Teddy; 07-22-09 at 17:27.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***