Unanswered: Finding keys for tables

Hi,

I have a set of tables that don't have any primary or foreign keys but they are related to each other through some fields. Instead the relationship between them is managed through the code. Is there a way I can find out what field in which table references what field in another table?

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 59
    yes
    examine the tables
    examine the code
    examine any queries, look for where tableA.acolumn = tableb.anothercolumn

having done that grasp the original developer warmly by the throat and suggest that they learn about relationships and relational table design before doing anything else in Access
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks but I don't have access to the code. I only have the tables and I want a quick way to find the keys. I highly prefer not go through every single one to find the relationship.

Provided Answers: 59
    so look at the indexes, assuming the person who wrote the original system they should have indexed to key columns.

failing that what mechanism do you think there may be to magically find what the application uses to link data.
    if there are no realtionships established then the database engine knows nothing about realtionships

all you can do is plough through each and every table and column looking to find columns with similar names and values.

you could of course always go back to the original 'designer' and requestr they provide the information
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton