Post Unanswered: Importing csv files

I have a client that needs a access database built so that you can import .csv files into the database. Right now it is 1 table. The csv files are not standard. Each one is different than the others. basically he wants this information

DateUploaded (current date when uploaded)
    FirstName
    LastName
    Address1
    Address2
    City
    State
    Zip
    Email
    Phone

I am looking for some guidance on how to develop this since the .csv files are not always the same. I know he can download them, get the information in the right order and use the import wizard.

Also, he might not have all the data listed above, he might just have an email address and that is it, or First Name and email, etc.

I am trying to make this so he would not have to do a lot of prework to get it into the database.

Thank you in advance.

Not too simple to do.
    An idea:
    1) Heterogeneous query using make table syntax to get data into access
    2) Use DAO\ ADO to read the columns of the table. If the names of the columns are not always the same then you need to provide a GUI for the user to match them up to the base table
    3) Construct a SQL insert statement based on step 2 to insert data into your table
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Provided Answers: 59
    or encourage him to reprocess the file say in Excel and make it comply with the format
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Yeah. The gist of it is, computers excel at performing the same task repeatedly. They aren't very adaptable - the more variations in that task over time the more complex the programming has to be. Humans are very adaptable, but slow. So it depends whose time is valued more - yours (which means he will need to put in more effort) or his (which would mean you need to do some coding).
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.