Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unanswered: DB2 9.5c Express Fix Pack

Hi Experts,

Is there any fix pack available for DB2 9.5C EXPRESS. I have tried the fix pack 4 for 9.5 express but am getting error when i tried to install the same.

TIA

AFAIK, Free versions of Express-C don't have a fixpak ... You have to re-install your db2.

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thanks Sathyaram

I am getting a stack over flow error when i click a particular view in my database. I tried increasing the stack size but no use. Do u have any idea how to resolve the issue.

Thanks in Advance

a different issue ?? pl post in a new thread and provide the error message

Cheers
    sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hi Satya,

I have already posted regarding that error but i didnt get any response and also how can i find the previous posts?

TIA

Hi Satya,

I am not able to install fix packs in my server.

I am using db2 9.5c Express on Windows XP SP3.

Please help

You cannot install fixpacks on DB2 Express-C unless you have the FTL (subscription version) which costs $2995 per year, per server.

However, there was a release issued for DB2 Express-C that included Fixpack 2. It may have been removed now that DB2 Express-C V9.7 is available (they only make available the latest version on the website). But if you scrounge around the FTP site, you "might" be able to find it.

If you do have the version that includes 9.5 Fixpack 2, it is no longer necessary to uninstall the base code (9.5 Fixpack 0) as was the case with earlier DB2 Express-C upgrades.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thanks a lot Marcus

I have installed the new version db2 9.7C EXPRESS but am getting the same result...when i select a view the whole service is stopping.

Please help

Is v9.7 crashing due to stack overflow as well? Did you try increasing agent_stack_sz dbm cfg? If not, give it a try. Example:

db2 update dbm cfg using agent_stack_sz 256
    restart the instance

Hi db2girl,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried increasing agent_stack_sz,instance_memory and reserver stack but am still getting the same error i got in version 9.5C EXPRESS.

Please help

TIA

Increasing instance_memory won't help. I'm not sure what to suggest except for continuing to increase agent stack size via agent_stack_sz dbm cfg or using db2hdr. You can also check what your appl is executing when this problem happens and see if you can simplify/eliminate the statement.

Hi Bella,

Its a view causing the issue when i click on that particular view its stops the server service due this error. The view is created with a union all statement combining two identical tables in different schemas.But the strange thing is that there are more than 130 views and this one only causes the issue.

TIA

The instance shouldn't crash due to stack overflow starting with v9.5. If increasing agent stack doesn't help, then db2 support should really take a look at this issue. If you have a supported env where this problem is reproducable then consider opening a pmr.

Quote Originally Posted by db2girl
    The instance shouldn't crash due to stack overflow starting with v9.5. If increasing agent stack doesn't help, then db2 support should really take a look at this issue. If you have a supported env where this problem is reproducable then consider opening a pmr.
    You cannot open a PMR on DB2 Express-C (unless you have the FTL subscription which costs $2995 per server, per year). However, you can post a message on the DB2 Express-C Community Forum on the IBM website.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390