Thread: archive log

Unanswered: archive log

hi friends

Pl can you give solution for this:

1. how to enable archive logging in DB2
    2. In How may destinations can we store archived logs.

pl can you give code for it

Provided Answers: 5
    What is you DB2 version and OS? If you are on DB2 8 or greater for LUW, then look at the DB config parameters LOGARCHMETH1 and LOGARCHMETH2.

Andy

archive log

hi friends

i have not received straight forward answer pl help as i am new to db2.

In how many locations can we store archiv logs , i verifed there are only two parameters LOGARCHMETH1 , LOGARCHMETH2. that means only two locations are permitted ? pl clarify , where as in oracle 10g log_arch_dest_01 to log_arch_Dest_10 total 10 locations are available. like oracle how many destinations can we have in case of db2 9.1 or above

Thanking you
    t.nagarjun
    hyderabad,
    andra pradesh ,
    india
    Last edited by tnagarjun; 07-29-09 at 04:03.

Theoretically, yes - only two locations ..
    But, if you define, say logarchmeth2 as userexit and configure the userexit to copy and retrieve from as many location you would want ... This may not be as straightforward as configuring archive log methods parameter - but it is possible

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

archive log

Hi friends,
    Thank u very much Satyaram_s Garu

so it is confirmed that only two direct destinations can be set for archive logs to store as against 10 destination in oracle 10g

As i am new to db2 , pl send the code to implement it to store at multiple locations by configuring userexit parameter

Nagarjun

If you look under sqllib/samples directory , you will find sample c files named db2uext2.* ... You can use them as examples ...
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.